The UN Week Digital Media Lounge will be highlighting new approaches that are tackling Millennium Development Goal challenges. Innovative information and communication technologies are one way to accelerate progress toward meeting the MDGs. But what are the big new ideas? Who is pushing the innovation envelope? And how are humanitarian agencies using these ICT tools around the world to effect change?
Join the following noted ICT4D experts in a lively discussion around these questions at the UN Week Digital Media Lounge in New York City:
- Wayan Vota, Senior Director, Inveneo (moderator)
- Robert Kirkpatrick, Director, UN Global Pulse
- Erica Kochi, Innovation Unit, UNICEF
- Linda Raftree, New Technology, PLAN West Africa Regional Office
- Jim Rosenberg, Head of Social Media, World Bank
ICT4D: Innovation & the Millennium Development Goals
September NYC Technology Salon
Tuesday, September 21, 12-1pm
UN Week Digital Media Lounge
92nd Street Y, 1395 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY 10128 (map)
Please RSVP here for this Salon, and be sure to enter “Technology Salon” when asked who referred you to the event. That’s your secret password to get in!